Jobs and Selective Recruiting Services (JASRS) is seeking a TIG WELDER for a client of ours for 2ND SHIFT. Our client is looking for a top-notch welder to perform Class A NDE welding on Raptor Engine castings. Our team is striving to lead the industry in speed and quality of aerospace casting design and production. If you enjoy showcasing your welding ability, being part of cutting-edge technology, working with one of the best teams in the world, RESPONSIBILITIES: • GTAW Class A weld, cut, trim, fit and fabricate metal components to dimensions for building and assembling. • Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable. • Make a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly. • Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
• High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
• 3+ years of experience with TIG welding in a manufacturing environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE • 5+ years of experience in GTAW welding with one or more of the following materials: Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel, Aluminum and Titanium.
• Experience in casting repairs.
• Highly proficient in cutting, grinding and fabrication.
• Highly experienced in Class A welds.
• Certifications with AWS D17.1 and D1.2.
• Knowledge in DC welding techniques and engineering requirements.
• Knowledge in standard tools, materials, motions, and practices of the welding trade.
• Knowledge in occupational hazards and effective safety precautions of the trade.
• Knowledge in arc air procedures and equipment.
• Experience in overhead cranes & forklifts.
• Ability to use precision measuring instruments.
• Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
• Must be willing to work normal 8-10 hours shifts and/or 12 hour shifts on a rotating schedule that includes 4 days on, 3 days off; and 3 days on, 4 days off.
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours
• Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces. ITAR REQUIREMENTS:
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.